To advance its sustainability program, the President’s Advisory Committee on Sustainability (PACS) was created to provide advice to the president on relevant policies and programs on sustainability.
|Role||Name||Current Designation Title|
|Chair||Adrian P. Ybañez, Ph.D.||Vice-President for Research and Development|
|Co-chair||Edgar U. Tibay, Ph.D.||Vice-President for Production, Extension and Business Affairs|
|Co-chair||Edwin A. Pilapil, Ed.D.||Vice-President for Academic Affairs|
|Co-chair||Jerlito A. Letrondo, Ll.B.||Vice-President for Administration|
|Member||Atty. Marvey J. Arnoco-Ocampo||OIC-Chief Administrative Officer|
|Member||Lynette Matea S. Camello, Ed.D.||University Director for ESD|
|Member||Jorelyn P. Concepcion, Ed.D.||University Director for Community Extension|
|Member||Archiebald Baltazar B. Malaki, Ph.D.||Center Director, Center for Climate Change|
|Member||Doris O. Gascon, D.A.||University Director, Center for Internationalization and ASEAN Integration|
The President’s Advisory Committee on Sustainability (PACS) is established to provide advices to the president and key officials on University sustainability programs and policies.
- To develop a sustainability policy, program and plans for the university, including goals, targets, priorities and metrics to assess progress
- To prepare the annual sustainability report for presentation to the president and the different university councils
- To monitor the implementation of the sustainability programs of the University
- To actively forge and maintain local and international linkages for sustainability advancement
- To form working groups for the different sustainability programs and plans as deemed relevant
- To provide advice to the president, key officials or university councils related to sustainability opportunities and initiatives at the University
- To participate in inter-campus and external collaborations, initiatives, surveys and other programs and projects as the president may deem necessary
Membership in the Committee shall be comprised of:
- Select University Directors, Deans and Center Directors
- Faculty Representative (ideally the faculty regent)
- Student Representative (ideally the student regent)
The individuals to be selected shall be identified by the President and Chair. All committee members other than the Chair and Co-chairs will serve a term of two years, renewable at the discretion of the President. The Chair can also act as the Sustainability Manager of the University.
Roles of the Chairs and Co-Chairs
The Chair or the Co-chairs shall preside over Committee meetings, and have the authority to:
- Recommend the appointment of members to the PACS;
- Call meetings as necessary; and
- Form working groups as necessary, as determined by the PACS and the President.
The PACS shall normally meet once every semester, but may meet more often at the call of the President, Chair, or Co-chairs. Working groups shall meet as often as required to meet their mandates as set by the PACS.