- Composition of Gender and Development (GAD) Focal Point System (GFPS) a. SUC President b. Vice Presidents and Campus Directors c. GAD Secretariat and Office Staff
2. Gender and Development Focal Committee
The Cebu Technological University Focal Committee is the core working group to deliver the function of the Gender and Development Focal Point System from planning to evaluation of the Gender and Development PAPs. It also ensures that the GAD budgets is allocated and properly utilized by all delivering units.
Dr. Sheilalaine G. Romulo
- Dr. Sheilalaine G. Romulo is a faculty of the College of Arts and Sciences at the Cebu Technological University Campus.
- She joined CTU in 2017 and was designated in the same year as the college secretary.
- After her two-year stint as college secretary, she was designated as the University for Research Ethics Office and the Chair of the University and the Chair of the University Research Ethics Committee.
- She earned her graduate programs, Master of Arts in Education and Doctor of Education in English Language Teaching from the Cebu Normal University and her Baccalaureate degrees, Bachelor of Art in Political Science, Bachelor of Arts in English with Applied Linguistics from the University of San Carlos.
- As then new University Gender and Development Director, she would like to focus on strengthening the fundamentals of gender mainstreaming.
- Her research interest included language and gender, discourse analysis, and feminist rhetoric among others.
Marlou C. Godinez (CTU Daanbantanyan, GAD Campus)
Azucena L Cabanero (CTU San Francisco, GAD Campus Director)
- She is a graduate of Bachelor of Science in Commerce major in Economics at University of San Jose Recoletos 1985 and Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education major in Filipino at the University of the Visayas 1991.She is the Chair in the Graduate School.
- She worked at the Department of Education 1991 to 2013.
- She is designated as bookkeeper in the office of the municipal treasurer in the municipality of San Francisco, Cebu.
- She is also the Chair in the Graduate School.
George A. Albarracin (CTU Barili, GAD Campus Director)
Alexis A. Ramirez (CTU Moalboal, GAD Campus Director)
- He graduated his Bachelor of Arts, major in Filipino at Western Mindanao State University.
- He finished his Master in Education Administration and Supervision on March, 2008 while the degree of Doctor in Developmental Education last June, 2019 at Cebu Technological University – Moalboal Campus.
- He is an Assistant Professor III, handling undergraduate subjects (Filipino and Spanish), computer, and managerial subjects; also teaching language subjects in CTU-Moalboal Graduate School.
Eva A. Agbay (CTU Argao, GAD Campus Director)
Denilin B. Avila (CTU Danao, GAD Campus Director)
- She is an Asst. Prof. II of CTU-Danao Campus.
- She is handling computer and managerial subjects.
- She is also the TESDA Focal Person and Faculty President of Danao Campus
- She graduated in Doctor of Philosophy in Technology Management (Ph.D.TM) in Cebu Technological University – Main Campus M.J. Cuenco Ave., R. Palma St., Cebu City on December 2018.
- She earned her Master of Teaching – major in Guidance and Counseling in University of the Visayas – Main Campus A.Y.2013 – 2014 and Master of Science in Industrial Technology in Cebu Technological University Main Campus, Cebu City on March 2013.
- She earned her Professional Education at Manto Memorial Foundation College: Bonifacio St., Danao City in year 2009-2010; Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology -Computer in CSCST- Danao Campus: Sabang, Danao City on March 2009; Associate in Engineering Technology major in Computer at Cebu State College of Science and Technology Danao Campus: Sabang, Danao City on March 2007.
Marie Joy C. Inso (CTU Carmen, GAD Campus Director)
- She has a Master of Vocational Education at the Cebu Technological University- Carmen Campus from September 2017 up to the present
- For three years, she has been in Extension Services Teacher Education Coordinator.
- She deals with different gender issues and mandate and conducts series of gender sensitivity activities inside and outside the campus
- She handles six Gender Focal Point System (GFPS) one in each department: Teacher Education (TEd); Fisheries Technology (BSFI); Marine Engineering (BSMarE); Industrial Technology (BSIT); Hospitality Management (BSHM); and Non-teaching Employees.
Maria Donna Buates (CTU Tuburan, GAD Campus Director)
- She is an assistant professor II of CTU-Tuburan Campus from the Hospitality Management department under the College of Technology and a Faculty President.
- She is a graduate of Master of Arts in Teaching Vocational Education at Bohol Island State University- Main Campus and currently on her dissertation writing of Doctor of Philosophy in Technology Management at Cebu Technological University-Main campus.
- She is currently the Director for the Food Innovation Center, a shared service facility a program of the Department of Trade and Industry.
Teresita T. Rojas (CTU Main, GAD CoEd Director)
Mitchelle D. Arroz (CTU Main, GAD CoEd Director)
Elvisa O. Basubas (CTU Main, GAD CAS Director)
Leoncio Lucero, Jr. (CTU Main, GAD CME Director)
- He is a graduate of Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering, Master in Business Management and Doctor of Philosophy in Technology Management.
- He also earned a Diploma in Professional Education.
- He received the Timex Academic Achievement Award and a member of the Philippine Institute of Industrial Engineering.
- His research Interest(s): Manufacturing and Operations Management, Gender and Development, Women and Community Empowerment.
Peter H. Calaurian (CTU Main, GAD ICT Director)
Timoteo Bernardo L. Uy (CTU Main, GAD OT Director)
Jana Gloria F. Almerino (CTU Main Campus, Non-Teaching Representative)
Felicidad D. Hiramis (CTU Main Campus, Non-Teaching Representative)
Julie Anne Godinez (CTU CCMC GAD Director)
- She is a graduate of Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in Technology Livelihood Education specialize in Industrial Technology from the Cebu Technological University.
- She also graduated with my Master of Arts in Vocational Education and Doctor of Philosophy – Technology Management.
- She has been working for 2 years in Junior High School at Pajo National High School and 2 years in Senior High School at Pusok National High School in the Department of Education Lapu-Lapu City Division.
Dr. Ryan Urbano
- He is an Associate Professor in the College of Arts and Sciences, Cebu Technological University.
- He obtained his M.A. in Philosophy (1998) and Ph.D. Philosophy (2010) at the University of San Carlos, Cebu City.
- He also holds an M.A. in Applied Ethics as an Erasmus Mundus scholar from Utrecht University, The Netherlands and Linkoping University, Sweden (2008). In April to October 2011, he did doctoral research on environmental ethics at Monash University, Australia.
- He attended the UNESCO Ethics Teachers’ Training Course at the Bioethics Center of the University of Otago, New Zealand in 2017.
- He was a visiting fellow at the Center for Advanced Studies (“Justitia Amplificata”) at Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany in 2019 and was selected to participate in the 2019 KAICIID (King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz International Centre for Interreligious and Intercultural Dialogue) International Fellows Programme for South and Southeast Asia Region.
- He has been a member of the pool of experts of Globethics.net based in Geneva, Switzerland since 2019.
Dr. Wilma C. Giango (Former University GAD Director)
- She was once the University GAD Director, Chair, Graduate School Extension Services GAD Director, GS Department, Program adviser, Master of Arts in Vocational Education, Gender and Development- Graduate School Trainer in Culinary.
- She authored several food based-utility model. Her innovative cuisine ideas motivated her in conducting trainings utilizing the innovated food products for the economic upliftment of extension classes beneficiaries.
- She shared practices of CTU-GAD at CCTN TV Program “Sa Mata sa Kababayenan” and the TV Program dubbed Partners in Law.
- She also conducted Live Food Techno – Demo using her food innovations intended for client survivors and WISE (Women Integrated in Socio-Eco).
- She is a trainer in Culinary*Male and Female inmates in Cebu City Jail, Brgy. Kalunasan, Cebu where she received a Plaque of Recognition from the Female inmates in Mandaue City Jail.
- She is a Regular Trainer: ABS CBN Halad Sa Kapamilya held in CTU Main twice a year since 2008-2019.
- Alternative Livelihood Skills Training, Office of the Ombudsman Visayas, Region VII*Culinary Skills Training, Province of Negros Oriental where she received a Certificate of Commendation