According to Dr. Paul Monroe, educational survey team leader, the Cebu North Provincial High School was established in 1945 under the leadership of Mr. Felipe Santiago. This was the early beginning of Cebu Technological University (CTU) Tuburan. He was followed by Mr. Valente Santiago during the year 1946-1948. On June 18, 1961, the Republic Act (R.A.) No. 3433 converted the CPNHS into Tuburan Vocational School sponsored by Tuburan Vocational School into Tuburan National School. According to the records, this transformation was considered quite beneficial in which more books have arrived, more tools and equipment were purchased, and improvements of facilities and additional buildings were built. The secondary trade curriculum was also offered by the school that same year. The school principal in the year 1948-1962 was Mr. Ireneo A. Anfone. He was succeeded by Engr. Democrito C. Tongco as the School Principal for the year 1962-1971.
The Bureau of Vocational Education was formed when RA No. 3742 was passed into law on June 22, 1963. The TNS belonged to this particular bureau. In October of that same year, the school was supervised under the Superintendent of the Cebu School of Arts and Trades, Cebu City. In the year 1971-1984, Engr. Ricardo E. Flores was the School Administrator.
On May 8, 1973, the Board of National Education approved the Secondary Education Program for all high schools both public and private, making the TNS placed under the direct supervision of the MECRO VII in Central Visayas.
During the school year 1975-1976, the school offered the Trade Technical Education Curriculum. On June 10, 1983, a memorable event happened when Batas Pambansa Blg.412 converted all the ten technical, vocational and fishery schools, including TNS, into Cebu State College of Science and Technology (CSCST). The TNS was later called CSCST-Polytechnic College, Tuburan Campus in which the principal thrusts are collegiate education, research and extension services. The Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology was offered by the school that same year. Mr. Gualberto J. Montecillo became the Officer-in-Charge in the year 1984-1986. His leadership was succeeded by Dr. Casimiro B. Butac. Then, Engr. Ricardo Sumalpong became the College Superintendent in the year 1993-1994.
In 1994, during the reign of Dr. Victor D. Villaganas, college superintendent, the Graduate School was opened. The next year, the Certificate in Industrial Technology major in Civil Technology, Welding and Fabrication, and Hotel and Restaurant Services Technology was offered.
In 1998-1999, during the leadership of Dr. Wilma Reyes, the Associate in Technology was offered, a ladderized course for BSIT, as well as the Certificate in Industrial Technology was offered a year after. Dr. Reyes reigned for over ten (10) years that she made and established a lot of projects inside the campus. These include the Administration Building, Main Building, Technology Building, College Canteen, Garments and Cosmetology Building, Related Subjects (Annex), Activity Center, Science Building, Horticulture Building, Electrical Building, Automotive Building, Woodworking Building, Machine Shop and Metalworking Building, Social Hall, Technology Building, SSC Office and Guard House.
On December 16, 2003, the school was certified as ISO 2000:9001 by the Anglo Japanese American registrars with the certificate number AJA 03/6952 and was recertified on July 2, 2007.
On November 10, 2009, RA No. 9744 was passed, converting all the CSCST campuses into Cebu Technological University. It was a great transformation but a greater challenge to the former CSCST-PC, Tuburan Campus. As a university, the institution should act like one that is why the school raises their standards of teaching efficiency and instructions to provide their students with enough knowledge and skills. The Campus Director of the year 2009-2011 was Dr. Panfilo E. Ciriaco.
In the school year 2011-2012, Dr. Pedrito Pontillas formally took his seat as the campus director in the institution. The school also offered the Civil, Electrical, and Industrial Engineering Courses: the Bachelor in Information and Communication Technology: and the Bachelor of Arts in English major in Applied Linguistics. The school also experienced many changes: renovated and air-conditioned library, improved hometel, two accredited courses, many LET board passers, more tools and computers and professors, a Wi-Fi zone school and many more. The next school year, the university offered the BS in Agriculture and BS in Mechanical Engineering.
At present, the institution continued to provide sufficient training and instruction to the students. With the following degree programs and status of accreditation.
It also continued to strive in the attainment of its dream to become the center of excellence. It is quite a big dream, but it can be achieved when everyone is doing each of their responsibilities in this institution. As Thomas Edison said, there are a thousand ways not to make a light bulb but there is just one way to make one. Yes, these ways involve faith and quality education, the ways that’ll lead us to a better place and a brighter future.